Moral human behavior optimizes the survival and nourishment of the human species. . .
Immoral behavior is a threat to all mankind.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united states of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all!

Sunday, January 13, 2008

AlmerSoft is a RIPOFF

I recently had a problem with this software provider who I have had a two year and a half history with. AlmerSoft provides a workable automated file backup that I purchased in March 2005.

Since then, until a recent computer failure in which I was forced to replace my motherboard, I have been backing up all of my data on a daily basis to a second hard drive.

When I had my computer meltdown, I was saved a lot of trouble by having this backup. And for this, AlmerSoft provided a life saving service.

The problem arose after getting my computer started again and reloading everything. AlmerBackup, the software in question, immediately told me that it was a demo version and would expire in thirty days.

I wrote to AlmerSoft to tell them that the registration key I was given back in March 2005 that activated my purchase of this software, no longer activates the product.

I waited several days without hearing any response.

I wrote them a second time, a third time, until I now have written them seven times! I sent requests for help using their support email system and I sent them email from my Yahoo account.

This whole process began Dec 6, 2007. Still I have not heard from them and my ‘demo’ version of the software I paid for is useless.

I have no idea how to get them to respond. I don’t know if they think I am trying to get something free from them. They refuse to respond so I am left in the dark.

They are still selling their product and if I knew who to send a complaint to I would.

The bottom line is that I want to warn as many people as possible to NOT buy their software because they will not support it.

I hope this gets out to enough people so that the word will finally get to them.

Please, Save yourself some money and buy from someone else.

No comments:

There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance. -Ali ibn Abi Talib

Transgressions that are tolerated today will become common place tomorrow. -Greg W

"If you are thinking a year ahead, sow a seed. If you are thinking ten years ahead, plant a tree. If you are thinking one hundred years ahead, educate the people."
Chinese Proverb